Even if you are not into bicycles, you would have heard of the Schwinn brand. Synonymous with quality and class, they are the famous for producing outdoor bikes and now Schwinn is going into exercise bikes.
The Schwinn 170 Upright Exercise Bike is considered to be one of the best upright exercise bike in the market. This upright bike equipped with a heavy and solid flywheel, is black and gray and has a sleek metallic look.
Schwinn 170 Upright Exercise Bike Review
This exercise bike is in the low-moderate price range and our Schwinn 170 Upright Exercise Bike review will help you decide if this piece of machine is something you should make room for in your house.
Features & Functions
We will check out the various features and functions of the Schwinn 170 Upright Exercise Bike so you can make an informed decision.
Dual LCD Display
There are 2 displays with backlit to make it easier to read in dim light. The first display allows you to view up to 13 different types of feedback at once. The 13 fitness-related readings includes RPM, pulse, time, distance and intensity.
The other display shows your progress made towards your goal you have set in your profile. You can create up to 4 user profiles, great for members in the family.
29 Unique programs
These different programs can be adapted to suit all fitness level and stamina. Some of the programs will train your endurance, improve your speed or help with weight loss. The Schwinn 170 upright exercise bike offers real-life biking conditions like mountains, trails and more.
This machine features 25 different resistance levels and you can easily change levels to create a more challenging workout on the fly.
It has a contoured, large padded seat with an ergonomically placed grip to allow your body to relax while riding. The seat and handlebars can be adjusted to fit users of different heights and sizes. Handlebars can be tilted to different angles while the seat can be raised or lowered, move away or toward the console.
The Schwinn 170 upright bike sports a cooling fan with multiple speed levels and has a pair of sealed acoustic chamber speaker for your enjoyment during your workout.
Comes with a solid and heavy flywheel to give you a smooth and fluid training session.
- Oversized toe straps with the pedals to prevent feet from slipping during workout
- Comes with a USB port used for charging or data exchange to myfitnesspal.com
- Features transport wheels to move from one location to other easily
- You can use the bike while standing up if you wish
- Has a shelf so you can place your book, smartphone or other electronic device
- Very quiet, users can expect a smooth, quiet ride when working out on this machine
- Sturdy frame to support the weight of heavy users
- Has a drink carrier
- Dimensions: 13″ x 41″ x 22.5″
- Weight: 74 pounds
- Maximum user capacity: 300 pounds
- Power: Standard electrical outlet
10 years warranty on frame. 2 years for mechanical issues, one year for electrical malfunctions and 90 days for labour.
What We Don’t Like About It
- The manual contains only diagrams instead of actual instructions so assembling it can be tricky.
- This console is a little on the big side, so if you like to watch TV while biking, you will need to place the TV very high.
- The bike is not built to pedal backwards, some models have this feature.
- Manual is not detailed enough, user will need to figure out how to read and change the display module feedback’s options
Is It For You?
The Schwinn 170 Upright Exercise Bike is designed to provide you with comfort and effectiveness. It is a value for money solid piece of machine with features you can find in machines costing much more.
The Schwinn 170 Upright Exercise Bike has a few drawbacks nonetheless, it is still a professional fitness machine that is a great investment.
See Also: 2017 Exercise Bike Reviews