The Maxi Climber is the home exercise equipment that you will want to have after reading this review. It mimics the rock climbing movements without the need to head outdoors for the experience. You can burn hundreds of calories in an hour, and the equipment is safe on your joints. This affordable fitness machine tones your major muscle groups and improves your aerobic endurance. Becoming fit has never been this convenient, and there is no need to break the bank just to have this fantastic fitness equipment for an intense home workout.
The Maxi Climber targets the same muscles used when you do rock climbing, such as your core, legs, glutes, shoulders, back, and arms. It basically gives you a total body workout without the need for additional equipment. The whole workout is fat-burning, and you can achieve your desired fitness level faster when you use it regularly.
You will also get to enjoy increased endurance and stamina, better coordination and balance, and improved energy levels. In the long term, using this vertical climber machine will give you better bone density and systemic health. Your body weight is used to add resistance, which means you get to burn more when you put more effort in. Beginners can take it slowly to reduce the intensity, and gradually moving faster as they progress. This machine is designed for fitter individuals, but sedentary people who wish to start their fitness journey can use it at a lower intensity in the beginning.
Specifications and key features
The Maxi Climber is packed with all the essential features to keep you going with just the right amount of comfort. The package includes the Simple 7-Step Meal Plan (in Spanish and English) and the Rockin’ Out Interval Training disc that contains 12 different workout songs to pump you up.
This vertical climber is 22 inches wide, 36 inches long, and 79 inches high when fully extended. The unit is foldable for easy transport and storage, perfect for people with limited room spaces. In addition, the machine only weighs 34 pounds.
Other notable features include:
- Maximum User Body Weight of 240 pounds. Heavier individuals reported using it without encountering a problem.
- Foldable: Folding this machine will make it fit into a standard-sized closet or simply slide it under your bed.
- Bio-X Technology: This one gives a cross-crawl motion that will work your core and abs with every step you make.
- Ergonomic design: The isometric non-stick handgrips will make your workout comfortable, smooth, and low-impact.
- Timer: This simple timer will count the steps you take, and how many calories you have burned. It starts once you begin exercising, and then stops when you do.
- Adjustable height settings: There are five settings for you to choose from. This feature will help accommodate both shorter and longer users to ensure user comfort.
How to use
Keep your back straight, and adjust your weight by bringing most of it on the back of the pedals. Your core should be engaged, with your hips squared and upper body still. Hold onto the machine’s handgrips, and push down using your right foot as your left hand pushes the handle. Your left foot pushes down next, with your right hand pushing the handle upwards. Perform the movement continuously throughout the session.
Your workout duration and intensity will depend on your fitness level. The manufacturer recommends that beginners do 10-minute sessions, while those who have never exercised before will want to do shorter than that. You will be able to climb longer with minimal rest in between as your endurance and strength improve.
If you are on the athletic side, then you may want to do high-intensity-interval-trainings (HIITs) on your Maxi Climber. You can do this by going hard for two minutes, and then resting for about 30 to 60 seconds. Increase the time gradually until you are doing longer workouts with lesser rests in between. Aim to do 20 to 30 minutes of this intense workout per session.
Quick Pros and Cons
- Easy assembly – the machine is ready-for-use in minutes
- Works all your major muscle groups
- Improves your cardiovascular health and muscle strength simultaneously
- Offers five adjustable height settings to accommodate various users
- Compact and lightweight
- Consumes little room space
- Foldable for easy storage
- Operates quietly to avoid disturbing other people around you
- Has isometric handgrips for added comfort
- Comes at a relatively low price, compared to other similar brands
- Supports only up to 240 pounds of user body weight
- Workouts are solely based on body weight, but you may make the session more challenging by lengthening your steps
Other important things to note
The machine’s foot pedals are comfortable to step on, as long as you are wearing the right pair of shoes. It will be hard on your feet when you use it barefoot. Since excessive sweating is expected when you use the Maxi Climber, make sure to keep a towel beside you to wipe the machine after each session. It is also recommended to have a bottle of water near you to stay hydrated.
Make sure that you are comfortable with the handlebars before working out. The handlebars should fit your arm length. To prevent injury, start your session with a warm-up and then ending it with a cool-down. Begin your exercise session with slow and short strides to awaken your muscles for the intense workout. Increase the pace and stride after a couple of minutes, and perform another set of short strides at a slow pace to cool your body down.
The Maxi Climber machine is ideal for anybody looking for a compact-sized fitness equipment that gives a total body workout. It received an impressive amount of positive feedback from happy users online, meaning it definitely delivers. This affordable fitness equipment will give you the anaerobic and aerobic workout that will keep you challenged every time you hop on it. If you want to lose weight and tone your body, then this machine is surely worth considering, especially when you use it along with the meal plan and workout CD that come with it.
Also read: Top 10 Best Ab Wheels