The Bowflex Ultimate 2 is a versatile home gym solution for people who want a great total body workout without having to pay for gym memberships or make space for various machines at home. This home gym has been around for a decade, but has also received regular design upgrades. It features a compact size with the ability to offer a wide variety of workouts.
Bowflex Ultimate 2
The Bowflex Ultimate 2 allows you to work every major muscle group in your body. Whether you want to focus on building muscle strength on your chest, back, shoulders, arms, legs, or abdominals, this home gym covers all of them. Its key features include:
- Power rod resistance that will keep you feeling challenged without worrying about joint pains. You will get 310 pounds of resistance with an option to upgrade up to 410 pounds.
- Unique cable pulley system that does not require you to change the cables on the pulleys to switch from one workout to another. It will save you time and keep your heart rate elevated.
- Lat tower that comes with an angled lat bar to develop your shoulder and back muscles efficiently.
- Preacher curl attachment to further develop your bicep muscles.
- Leg extension to work your legs without using too much room space.
- Integrated squat station to develop your hamstrings, quads, butt, and calves.
- Five-way, hand-grip or ankle cuffs for greater flexibility and challenge.
- Leg press belt to protect you from any injuries.
- Vertical bench press to help challenge both your smaller muscles and deep muscle tissues.
- Easily-foldable machine for easy storage.
- Weighs 407 pounds to ensure stability.
- Built-in rowing machine for your cardio fix.
- Multiple cable or pulley positions to allow for different resistance angles.
Some Bowflex home gyms allow you to do more than 60 exercises. The Ultimate 2 can give you more than 90, which is great news for the serious gym rat. In fact, you can do up to seven abdominal exercises, 10 for the chest, 12 for the back, 20 for the arms, 21 for the shoulders, and 21 for the legs.
The Ultimate 2 also boasts of having a durable construction. Customers reported having owned a Bowflex home gym unit for more than six years without complaints. It is also safe to use as every part of it had been carefully designed. Included in the package is an instructional manual and a DVD that demonstrates how you can perform your exercises properly. You will also receive a poster that has all the basic exercises, so you will have a guide.
The unique cable pulley system offers a nice touch. You no longer need to change the cables to switch from one workout to another. This means you can easily go from squats to lat workouts without the hassle.
The only downside of the Ultimate 2 is that a brand new unit is no longer available. You can only find one that is used or refurbished. Since it has a durable construction, its durability should no longer be a problem.
There are also minor issues regarding this product. One user said the machine remains large even when folded up. Despite Bowflex’s claim that it is space-efficient, many customers felt that the unit was larger than expected when fully-assembled. One user claiming to be in the construction industry warned future users that they should have a 10ft long x 7ft wide x 7ft tall room space to accommodate the Bowflex Ultimate 2. This means people who want a home gym but with limited space would have to consider a more compact unit than this model.
The first Bowflex Ultimate 2 went on sale many years ago, but it remains to be one of the most durable home gyms today. Bowflex has made significant tweaks to make it perfect, but users remained to be concerned with its size. Despite this, the Ultimate 2 is still one of the best home gyms. The inclusion of a workout DVD and manual can greatly help beginners who want to start an active and healthy lifestyle without hiring a personal trainer.